This policy sets out how Capventis uses and protects any information that you share with Capventis when using this website. Capventis are compliant with the Irish Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 and the GDPR, which entered into force 25th May 2018.
Capventis respects your privacy and your rights to control your Personal Data. This statement is intended to let you know what personal data Capventis processes, how we use this personal data and the rights you have to control and protect your own personal data. Please take the time to get to review our statement, and if you have any questions please contact us
Capventis is committed to protecting your privacy and by using the Capventis website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
What we collect
Like most website operators, Capventis collects non-personally identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Capventis’ purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Capventis’ visitors use its website. From time to time, Capventis may release non-personally identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website. Capventis also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
Capventis does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally identifying information, as described below.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Capventis encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from Capventis so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Capventis is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Capventis website.
Use of your Personal Information
Certain visitors to Capventis’ website choose to interact with Capventis in ways that require Capventis to gather personally-identifying information, such as contact forms. The amount and type of information that Capventis gathers depend on the nature of the interaction.
In each case, Capventis collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfil the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Capventis. Capventis does not disclose personally identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can always refuse to supply personally identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities. Capventis keeps track of the pages our visitors visit on our website in order to determine what Capventis services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Capventis to customers whose behaviour indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Controlling your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anyone for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Capventis does not use or disclose sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, without your explicit consent
- Capventis websites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Capventis or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Capventis Ltd.; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Capventis Ltd., or the public.
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Capventis Ltd, Data Protection Team, Building 4, Cherrywood Business Park, Dublin, D18 Ireland.
- You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
- If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
The Capventis website use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you browse websites.
Cookies are not actual programs or software. When you visit a website, it stores a snippet of text from your visit; the next time you visit, this text is retrieved by the website and they recognise you. This can be used differently depending on the actual website visited. Cookies allow websites to store such things as user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, enabling it to recognise a user and respond appropriately. Cookies on our website do NOT store any personally identifiable information such as names, addresses, email addresses or phone numbers.
Our cookies help us:
• Make our website work as you’d expect
• Remember your settings during visits
• Allow you to share pages (names/blog articles) with social networks like Facebook or Twitter
• Continuously improve our website for you
• Collect any personally identifiable information – we will always ask for your express permission if we ever do collect this information.
• Collect any sensitive information, without your express permission
What information is kept by the cookie?
A cookie will typically hold:
• The name of the website that it has come from
• How long the cookie will stay on your computer or phone
• A value – usually a randomly generated unique number
How long do cookies stay on my computer?
• Session cookies – these only last until you close your browser. They are not stored on your hard drive. They are usually used to track the pages that you visit so that information can be customised for you for that visit.
• Persistent cookies – these are stored on your hard drive until you delete them or they reach their expiry date. These may, for example, be used to remember your preferences when you use the site.
• Website function cookies
• Social media cookies
• Third party and advertising cookies
• Analytics cookies
More about Our Cookies
Website Function Cookies such as session or preference cookies
• Holding information once you’ve logged in to save you having to re-login each time you visit a different page during your session
o Once you log off or close the browser the session cookie will be removed
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube or Vimeo video.
Disabling these cookies is likely to break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Media Website Cookies
To facilitate easy sharing or liking of content on social network platforms such Facebook and Twitter, we have included sharing buttons on our site.
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor & Behaviour Statistics Cookies
• How visitors reached our website (e.g. from a search engine, an advert, from social media site etc)
• The activity of users on the site such as the number of pages viewed, time spend on individual pages, the pages visitors leave our site on
• How often visitors return to our site
• Visitor technology used (e.g. browser, operating system, device etc)
These statistics help us make our site as user-friendly as possible, to ensure a good experience for all visitors.
• Google Analytics which is a program that helps us measure site usage details including the examples above.
Site Improvement Cookies:
We regularly test new designs or site features on our site. We do this by showing slightly different versions of our website to different people and anonymously monitoring how visitors respond to these different versions. Ultimately this helps us to offer you a better website.
• Third party vendors, including Google, show ads on sites on the internet.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page or you may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Turning Cookies Off
You can switch cookies off by adjusting your internet browser settings to stop it accepting cookies. There are many different browsers and versions. Some of the most common browsers and versions and listed below. Click the name of your preferred browser below to learn how to disable and manage cookies. If your version of browser is not listed, please visit your preferred search engine.
Please be aware though that turning off cookies will impair the performance of many websites and not just ours.
Security & Retention of your Personal Information
Capventis secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Capventis secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Capventis shall not retain data for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the lawful purpose of data processing.
Changes to this Statement
Capventis Ltd may change this policy from time to time, to reflect company and customer feedback, by updating this page. Capventis encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Capventis is protecting your information. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
Capventis welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Capventis has not adhered to this Statement, please contact a member of our Data Protection Team at support@Capventis.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
For further information on your rights and the General Data Protection Regulation, please contact:
Address: Office of the Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co Laois, R32 AP23